Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And We're Off!!!

If you're reading this, it means you've followed me over here, to my homeschooling blog.  Welcome!

Sophie and I launched her homeschool year today.  As all the other kidlets started public school, I just thought it was appropriate.  Sophie's still only four, so with that short attention span in mind, I've decided to start off with about 1 1/2 hours of school each morning, and see where we go from there.  Here's what I'm planning on covering over the next month:

Math:  
Count to 100 by 1's.
Count to 100 by 10's.
Build a solid grasp of 10's and 1's place value.

Reading:
Work on phonemic awareness (the ability to segment and blend words).
Introduce some basic digraphs.
Read for fluency.

Writing:
Write letters to various people in order to reinforce sentence structure, forming lowercase letters, and fine motor skills.

Social Studies / Science:
Maps.

Thanks for stopping by.  I promise I'll post again soon with pics and more about what we're doing, and how it's working for us.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your first week of homeschool!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O the delicious promise of new beginnings! Enjoy the journey with Sophie.

    ReplyDelete