- There is little to no written text, so non-readers can easily navigate on their own
- Children can explore music, patterns, and patterns in music (but it's not just about music - there are other games, like a mannequin doll whose limbs you can position any which way)
- It has a sweet element of whimsy
- There is no 'point' or 'goal' to the games on the site - they are just there to be explored and discovered
- Unlike a lot of kids' websites out there, this one manages to be both bright and graphic, AND simple
Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
In this game, you can click on the little man, who turns the wheel and makes the organ play. The button on the left makes the organ stop. The little levers on the bottom change the sound of the instrument. But how do you know?? You figure it out by running your mouse over the picture and seeing what you can click on.
I've never before discovered a website that so draws you in to EXPLORE.