Sunday, September 25, 2011

Favorite Playdough Recipe ... Ever!

When I got married, I had a shower where everyone brought a favorite recipe to share with us.  I filled my shiny new recipe book with soup recipes, roast recipes, sumptuous desert and pastry recipes.  And, a playdough recipe. At the time, I thought, Why the heck would somebody give me a PLAYDOUGH recipe?!!!  Aaaand, then I had kids.  And I understood.  Thank you, Mickey Holtzman, for having the foresight to give me a recipe I wouldn't appreciate until years later!

Mickey's Best Playdough 

1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 Tbs cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbs oil

1.  Mix all ingredients together in a pot.


2.  Cook over low heat.


3.  When the mixture is smooth, add a few drops of food coloring.


4.  Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it comes together.


Almost there.


That's the ticket!

5.  Dump out and allow to cool for a few minutes, then kneed until smooth.  

6.  Let the playing begin!




2 comments:

  1. I have the same recipe but I mix the food coloring in with the water. The other way is to use a packet of kool-aid for the food coloring, and that way the play dough has a scent, too.

    ReplyDelete